Current Status: FULL! Thanks to all who applied!
I am now accepting requests for Photoshoots for Youmacon 2013!~
Once again, here are a few minor changes to the way things work. Have a look at the refreshed list here. Basically a copy from my NYCC post with some minor tweaks. Take a look!
- Photoshoot sessions last 30-45 minutes
- Photoshoots are now $40 per session, each additional model is an extra $20
- Your preferred Photoshoot location should be at or somewhat near the convention area on the map provided in each post (unless you're willing to pay for the cab to an exotic location, though probably not in detroit).
- You will receive 7 photos at minimum, with each additional 3-5 extra for each person to the overall number including group shots, each photo is at 2K resolution. Waiting time can vary but I will see to it that it doesn't go past 3-4 weeks.
- If you are satisfied with your photos and would like a 4K set afterwards, I may be willing to sell those for an additional $10. It's a flat fee for a set. This is ideal if you want to print a HQ print for your wall.
- Upon meeting-up, have a location in mind where you want to shoot; I can offer suggestions but I prefer you to be the judge of where you'd like to shoot.
- Bring a multitude of poses for me to capture! Similar note, try and keep the shoot to 1-2 nearby spots, I don't want to go on long walks to multiple locations, this would also cut into your shoot time!
- Once I'm done your editing, I will send you an email containing a link to a ZIP folder where you'll find your photos in both regular and large sizes.
Here are some etiquette notes:
- Cosplayers in groups should be from the same series.
- If you're running late, just shoot me a text to let me know.
- 5-10 minutes I'm ok with, but if you're half hour late, some of that time will be unfortunately taken out of the shooting time as I need to keep my schedule in order.
- If you feel the need to cancel, contact me first we'll see if we can work something out.
- When you receive your photos, PLEASE, DO NOT crop the photos to change orientation, make heavy modifications, remove watermark, or add cartoony effects.
- You may, however, crop the photo so it works as an avatar image, or for a banner showcasing your costumes.
- You may make *minor* additional changes to the photos with the intent of enhancing the photo. You may feel that a certain image looks a bit too dark or too bright sometimes, but understand this is the way I edited the photo, your monitor may not be giving you the correct picture calibration, I always use my histogram to make sure I stay within the peaks.
- No matter how much someone works on an image, someone else can always take the image and improve even more upon it.
- IF you do make any modification, please run it by me first to OK-it as I've had many quality-issues in the past, we both want only good-quality photos of YOUR cosplay to be showcased!
- Whe posting the images, try and include credit in the description, and make mention of any small edits you may have made.
- If you're up all night and can't get your costume done in time and decided to wear something else, no sweat! Just let me know of the change and that's it : )
I just need to get that out in the open so we can all be on the same page of what's expected of each of us, I don't like miscommunication! :' D Please also refer to this page for a few more details on ownership.
So if you're all set and would like to schedule something, refer to the map and times below here. Send me your top 3 picks for times along with the preffered meet-up location.
Friday: 5pm, 8pm
Saturday: 10am, 11am, 4pm, 6pm
Sunday: 11am, 2pm
The Youmacon area isn't too big of a site area-wise, but when choosing a location for us to meet-up, just try and give me a good landmark, ie "South exit doors".
So with all the information set forth, shoot me an email having filled-out the following info, include "Youmacon 2013" somewhere in the title.
Remember, give me you top three picks for time, I like to try and fit to everyone's schedule. Depending on demand and what my schedule looks like I may decide to open additional slots. I will be looking at quality as a determining factor as well.
So thank you for reading this lengthy article, and am looking forward to having many great shoots! : )
P.S Here are some recent photos from the summer.