CLOSED: Thanks to everyone requested a shoot, unfortuntaely I could not accept all the requests so apologies to those people!
A new year, new stuff. But firstly, photoshoots are now open for Katsucon 2014! I know there have been many excited people already contacting me the past few weeks, but we are finally here!
Also new, through popular demand, I will be making prints available!
So let's cover the con stuff first, I'll have 11 spots open through the weekend, 5 on Friday, 5 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday.
- Photoshoot sessions last up to 45 minutes
- Photoshoots remain at $40 per session, each additional model is an extra $20
- Your preferred Photoshoot location should be at or somewhat near the convention area on the map provided in each post.
- You will receive a minimum of 8 photos, with each additional 3-5 extra for each person to the overall number including group shots, each photo is at 2K resolution. Waiting time can vary but I will see to it that it doesn't go past 3-4 weeks.
- Upon meeting-up, have a location in mind where you want to shoot; I can offer suggestions but I prefer you to be the judge of where you'd like to shoot for your vision.
- Bring a multitude of poses for me to capture! Similar note, try and keep the shoot to 1-2 nearby locations, I don't want to go on long walks to multiple locations, this would also cut into your shoot time!
- Once I'm done your editing, I will send you an email containing a link to a ZIP folder where you'll find your photos in both regular and large sizes.
Here are some etiquette notes:
- Cosplayers in groups should be from the same series.
- If you're running late, just shoot me a text to let me know.
- 5-10 minutes I'm ok with, but if you're half hour late, most of that time will be unfortunately taken out of the shooting time as I need to keep my schedule in order.
- If you feel the need to cancel, contact me first we'll see if we can work something out, please do not cancel 5 minutes before the shoot.
- When you receive your photos, PLEASE DO NOT crop the photos to change orientation, make heavy modifications, remove watermark, or add cartoony effects.
- You may, however, crop the photo so it works as an avatar image, or for a banner showcasing your costumes.
- You may make *minor* additional changes to the photos with the intent of enhancing the photo. You may feel that a certain image looks a bit too dark or too bright sometimes, but understand this is the way I edited the photo, your monitor may not always reflect the photo properly.
- No matter how much someone works on an image, someone else can always take the image and improve even more upon it.
- IF you do make any modification, please run it by me first to OK-it as I've had many quality-issues in the past, we both want only good-quality photos of YOUR cosplay to be showcased!
- Whe posting the images, try and include credit in the description, and make mention of any small edits you may have made.
- If you're up all night before the photoshoot and can't get your costume done in time and decide to wear something else, no sweat! Just let me know of the change and that's it : )
Here are the Times I'll be shooting, I can be flexible, let me know if you need something worked out.
Friday: 12pm, 1pm, 4pm, 6pm, 9pm
Saturday: 1pm, 2pm, 6pm, 9pm
Sunday: 11am, 12pm
So with all that information out and for you to work with, here is the form I will need you to fill out (with Katsucon 2014 somewhere in the title) and email to me:
Day/time(s): Pick 3 in case I can't accomodate your first or second one
For meet-up spot, your choice is either at the Gazebo (by the handrail on the left side when looking down at the atrium), or by the Water-fountain (south-side which is the gazebo side.)
Shoots are not on a come-first basis. I will decide who gets which position depending on demand, times and other factors. I will reply to your email within 2-3 days confirming what you're set for after going through most of the entries during that period. Unfortunately I may not be able to accomodate everyone with a photoshoot if demand is high.
Click to enlarge
You have made your comments and voiced your opinions, after careful analysis with a team of highly-sophisticated dolphins, I have concluded that it feasible to make it happen!
What you get: A copy of each photo from your photoshoot professionally printed at 12x18.
How you receive it: In an envelope that is bigger than the prints so no folding will occur. The prints will be in-between pieces of cardboard for protection during transportation.
What you do: You frame it and show it!
How to get them: In order to keep everything simplified and streamlined, print orders paid at the time of the photoshoot they will go at a flat rate of $45, if ordered anytime after the shoot the price will be $50, this includes shipping to Canada or US. This also includes any photoshoots you have already with me, so inquire!
So we'll see how these prints work out or if changes need to be made. I'll be planning on some give-aways for prints in the future as well.
Congrats to Kathryn Crowell who is the winner of the first giveaway contest! She'll be receiving a free shoot at Katsucon with the choosing of her time and day already decided. Thanks to everyone else who entered, I will be doing more contests like this in the future so keep an eye out, they could happen at anytime and rules could be anything! : P
There are still 3 days left of the Your-Choice shoot contest, already at 90 entries from over 30 people. Again, thanks to all who entered and have given their feeback. I enjoyed reading your comments, and your idea of an enjoyable photographer.
"Someone who is easy-going and ery friendly. Someone who makes the cosplayer feel special and awesome."
"I look for someone who not only has a good portfolio, but who is friendly and willing to work with the cosplayer on his or her level. Some people are less in experienced and some people are moreso. A good photographer can work with anyone."
"Someone friendly, comfortable to be around and professional"
"Someone I can have fun with, laugh with and joke around with."
"Quality in the picture and the photographer have to know what he's doing!"
"portfolio, professionalism, direction, trust-worthy, more artist than businessman"
Those are just some of the comments I have received and are valuable feedback to make sure I'm on the right track. This is also good advice for any aspiring photographers who want to start doing shoots. I do my best to make sure my clients have a fun and enjoyable time while shooting with me, as you know I'm a very enthusiastic and joking type of person which I think helps the shoot.
I think this is the part where I sign off and wait for the emails to start pouring in. I'm a flexible guy so I like to try and work times out with people. You'll receive a reply within 2-3 days of sending your email.
Thanks for the long read!