A little late with the FanExpo post, but I will be attending the convention and be taking a limited number of requests for shoots. Find out more after the break!
A note right off the bat, I'm planning on attending the con for only two days (mainly due to the fact on how expensive it's become over the years). The first (Saturday) I'll be outside of the convention center doing shoots from late afternoon to the evening (around 3-8pm). On the Sunday I'll be down there with my camera but be spending the day inside the convention building checking out the actual con. Essentially I'm taking requests for just the Saturday, and I'm only going to take 3-4 shoots max. It is NOT first come first serve, I give 2/3 days for applications to come in, then will contact you back.
- Photoshoot sessions last up to 45 minutes
- Photoshoots are $40 per session, each additional model is an extra $20, payment should be AT the shoot.
- Your preferred Photoshoot location should be at or somewhat near the convention area.
- You will receive a minimum of 6 photos, with each additional 3-5 extra for each person to the overall number including group shots, each photo is at 2K resolution. Waiting time can vary but I will see to it that it doesn't go past 2-3 weeks.
- You may request for more than 1 photoshoot, but it will depend on the overall demand whether I can accomodate them, if even your first shoot. I'll be giving everyone an equal opportunity.
- Upon meeting-up, have a location in chosen where you want to shoot at; I can offer suggestions but would point to you being the first judge of where you'd like to shoot.
- Bring a multitude of poses for me to capture! Reference photos help. Similar note, try and keep the shoot to 1-2 nearby locations, I don't want to go on long walks to multiple locations, this also cuts into your shoot time!
- Once I'm done processing your shoot, I will send you an email containing a link to a ZIP folder where you'll find your photos in both regular and large sizes.
Here are some etiquette notes:
- Cosplayers in groups should be from the same series.
- If you're running late, just shoot me a text to let me know.
- 5-10 minutes I'm ok with, but if you're half hour late, that time will be unfortunately taken out of the shooting time as I need to keep my schedule in order.
- If you feel the need to cancel, contact me first we'll see if we can work something out. Please don't inform me 5 minutes prior to the shoot that you cannot make it because you couldn't get your costume complete the night before.
- When you receive your photos, PLEASE DO NOT crop the photos to change orientation, make heavy modifications, remove watermark, or add cartoony effects.
- You may, however, crop the photo so it works as an avatar image, or for a banner showcasing your costumes.
- You may make *minor* additional changes to the photos with the intent of enhancing the photo. You may feel that a certain image looks a bit too dark or too desaturated sometimes, but understand this is the way I edited the photo, your monitor is another factor in how the photo really looks.
- No matter how much someone works on an image, someone else can always take the image and keep editing.
- IF you do make any modification, please run it by me first to OK-it as I've had some quality-issues in the past, we both only want great-quality photos of YOUR cosplay to be showcased!
- When posting the images, include credit in the description, and make mention of any small edits you may have made which may include small items photoshopped-in that you forgot to bring to the shoot; I will not be editing-in any forgotten props.
- You do not have rights to sell images to third-party publishers. However, they can come talk to me for any use of my images, I'm certain we can work something out.
- I reserve the rights to use the images for publication, promotions, blog posts and online showcasing.
- If you're up all night before the photoshoot and can't get your costume done in time and decide to wear something else, no sweat! Just let me know of the change : )
So with all that information out and for you to work with, here is the form I will need you to fill out (with FanExpo 2014 – Name in the Title) and email to me:
Time: (Between 3-8pm on Sat)
The meeting location will be the lone red train cart across the street from the South Building entrance. From there we will head to your preferred shooting spot.
So Fire away! I'll be looking over all the requests the next couple days. Please understand I may have to turn you down depending on demand, 3-4 shoots max. This is a good con for Super Hero/Villan costumes, and Scott Pilgrim.
Thanks, Good luck, and see you at FanEx!