Youmacon time is nearing upon us. Click the link to find out more information regarding photoshoots at this year's event!
I have to say right off that bat, I'll only be accepting shoots for Saturday and Sunday, and a limited number at that. I have new work commitments thus will have less time on my hands to attend the con do editing. Read the article for all the info should need : )
- Photoshoot sessions last up to 45 minutes
- Photoshoots are $40 per session, each additional model is an extra $20, payment should be made at the shoot.
- Your preferred Photoshoot location should be at or somewhat near the convention area.
- You will receive a minimum of 6 photos, with each additional 3-4 extra for each person to the overall number including group shots, each photo is at 2K resolution. Waiting time can vary but I will see to it that it doesn't go past 2-3 weeks.
- You may request for more than 1 photoshoot, but it will depend on the overall demand whether I can accomodate them, if even your first shoot. I'll be giving everyone an equal opportunity.
- Upon meeting-up, have a location in chosen where you want to shoot at; I can offer suggestions but would point to you being the first judge of where you'd like to shoot.
- Bring a multitude of poses for me to capture! Reference photos help. Similar note, try and keep the shoot to 1-2 nearby locations, I don't want to go on long walks to multiple locations, this also cuts into your shoot time!
- Once I'm done processing your shoot, I will send you an email containing a link to a ZIP folder where you'll find your photos in large sizes.
Here are some etiquette notes:
- Cosplayers in groups should be from the same series.
- If you're running late, just shoot me a text to let me know.
- 5-10 minutes I'm ok with, but if you're half hour late, that time will be unfortunately taken out of the shooting time as I need to keep my schedule in order.
- If you feel the need to cancel, contact me first we'll see if we can work something out. Please don't inform me 5 minutes prior to the shoot that you cannot make it because you couldn't get your costume complete the night before.
- When you receive your photos, PLEASE DO NOT crop the photos to change orientation, make heavy modifications, remove watermark, or add cartoony effects.
- You may, however, crop the photo so it works as an avatar image, or for a banner showcasing your costumes.
- You may make *minor* additional changes to the photos with the intent of enhancing the photo. You may feel that a certain image looks a bit too dark or too desaturated sometimes, but understand this is the way I edited the photo, your monitor is another factor in how the photo really looks.
- No matter how much someone works on an image, someone else can always take the image and keep editing.
- IF you do make any modification, please run it by me first to OK-it as I've had some quality-issues in the past, we both only want great-quality photos of YOUR cosplay to be showcased!
- When posting the images, include credit in the description, and make mention of any small edits you may have made which may include small items photoshopped-in that you forgot to bring to the shoot; I will not be editing-in any forgotten props.
- It is the responsibility of model/cosplayer to know where we are meeting up, especially when a map is provided with the location.
- You do not have rights to sell images to third-party publishers. However, they can come talk to me for any use of my images, I'm certain we can work something out. The photographer owns the Copyright & Rights to every image they take.
- I reserve the rights to use the images for publication, promotions, blog posts and online showcasing.
- If you're up all night before the photoshoot and can't get your costume done in time and decide to wear something else, no sweat! Just let me know of the change : )
So with all that information out and for you to work with, here is the form I will need you to fill out (with Youmacon 2014 – Your Name in the title) and email to me:
So Fire away! I'll be looking over all the requests the next couple days. Please understand I may have to turn you down depending on demand. If you're interested in more than one shoot just add that info in the same email.
Thanks, Good luck, and see you in Detroit!