I'll be accepting a couple Con-G shoot requests, but not too many as I'll have my hands full with Katsucon photos, work and other stuff. Here's what you need to know!
- Photoshoot sessions last up to 45 minutes
- Photoshoots remain at $40 per session, each additional model is an extra $20
- Your preferred Photoshoot location should be at or somewhat near the convention area on the map provided in each post.
- You will receive a minimum of 8 photos, with each additional 3-5 extra for each person to the overall number including group shots, each photo is at 2K resolution. Waiting time can vary but I will see to it that it doesn't go past 3-4 weeks.
- Upon meeting-up, have a location in mind where you want to shoot; I can offer suggestions but I prefer you to be the judge of where you'd like to shoot for your vision.
- Bring a multitude of poses for me to capture! Similar note, try and keep the shoot to 1-2 nearby locations, I don't want to go on long walks to multiple locations, this would also cut into your shoot time!
- Once I'm done your editing, I will send you an email containing a link to a ZIP folder where you'll find your photos in both regular and large sizes.
Here are some etiquette notes:
- Cosplayers in groups should be from the same series.
- If you're running late, just shoot me a text to let me know.
- 5-10 minutes I'm ok with, but if you're half hour late, most of that time will be unfortunately taken out of the shooting time as I need to keep my schedule in order.
- If you feel the need to cancel, contact me first we'll see if we can work something out, please do not cancel 5 minutes before the shoot.
- When you receive your photos, PLEASE DO NOT crop the photos to change orientation, make heavy modifications, remove watermark, or add cartoony effects.
- You may, however, crop the photo so it works as an avatar image, or for a banner showcasing your costumes.
- You may make *minor* additional changes to the photos with the intent of enhancing the photo. You may feel that a certain image looks a bit too dark or too bright sometimes, but understand this is the way I edited the photo, your monitor may not always reflect the photo properly.
- No matter how much someone works on an image, someone else can always take the image and improve even more upon it.
- IF you do make any modification, please run it by me first to OK-it as I've had many quality-issues in the past, we both want only good-quality photos of YOUR cosplay to be showcased!
- Whe posting the images, try and include credit in the description, and make mention of any small edits you may have made.
- If you're up all night before the photoshoot and can't get your costume done in time and decide to wear something else, no sweat! Just let me know of the change and that's it : )
So with that, I've decided that I'd let loose time restrictions and see what works for you guys, that would also work for me. With the Katsucon schedule so hectic (apologies again for those I had to turn away), I'll let you guys decide what time you'd like to shoot at.
So essentially what you need to send me:
Day: Sat or Sun (Won't be there Fri)
Time: (Give me a few times to work with) ie: 3pm, 4pm, 1pm, or available from 5-9pm.
Due to the space limit inside the building, I'll be doing most shoots by the main stairwell leading up to the second floor, it worked quite well last year so I think it'll be a nice little central location once again this year. If you really feel like you'd like to shoot outside (weather permitting) or somewhere else in the venue, feel free to offer up the suggestion and I'll see what we can cook up!
Congrats to Amanda who is the winner of the second draw of my new contest series! She'll be getting a free shoot at a con of her choice at some point during 2014, even I don't know what it is yet!
There'll be more contests coming up and I'm happy with how they've been going so far. Plenty of feedback and entries submitted. I have several ideas for upcoming draws, and think you guys will enjoy them.
Here are some comments received on "Your Dream Photoshoot" entry question.
-I have many dream costumes, but I think my dream photoshoot would be of Samus from Metroid Prime (if I ever get to make her). The shoot would consist only of me. My ideal location would be either the middle of nowhere or somewhere dark and spacey looking.. Like a really modern building :) -RD
-Victorian Steampunk Tardis... in a museum... with a Timey-Wimey feel ;) -MA
-uhrhhh too many ;-; but one that I would probably cry over would be cosplaying Wanda in Fairly Odd parents with my best friends cosplaying Cosmo and just be friggin' silly in this shoot with funny expressions :D Location.. I really don't know, probably some Â«paradise lookingÂ» places at Katsucon ;-; After that I guess it would be something like my Purple Heart costume with a night lighting since I am using some LEDS on my suit :,D that would GREAT 8D -G
-Anywhere with a beautiful and interesting landscape -MVN
-My dream photoshoot would definetly be one inspired by The Beauty and The Beast. I'd love to find a big old and elegant castle where we could shoot everywhere, but especially in a ballroom with a red carpet. I'd be making Belle's yellow dress and I'd have the amazing chance of having a Beast cosplayer with me. And Mike as a photographer ;) -CL
-My dream photoshoot would be a photoshoot with all my cosplayer friends. No matter which cosplays or which location or what kind of mood, if I could have a photoshoot with all my friends cosplaying and have fun with them, it would be perfect for me. -FD
-I would really love to have a photoshoot with my Chell costume one day (after I do repairs of course ;P). I've always thought it would be cool to have it in an abandoned building type setting kind of dark, grungy and industrial =) -NS
This is maybe half of the comments I received, many good ones, some are quite visionary!
Thanks again for the replies and I hope to do more like this once again as they're quite fun to read! : 3
So that's it for this post, send me an email if you'd like to shoot at Con-G or if you have any general questions regarding anything. Cheers.